Friday, May 29, 2009
1) Watching kittens play. Have a stray cat hanging around my house and I didn't know it but she has two kittens which she decided to bring to my house. Sooo even though I need another cat hanging around like I need a hole in my head I really love kittens and LOVE to watch them play. They are sooooooooo cute. But I do plan on trying to find them homes once they get over being so scared of me and my husband.
2) Books. I love to read and reading has really helped me not sit and worry and think of all the awful things that could happen.
3) Rose is Rose. It's a comic and it always makes me smile.
4) A good night's sleep. Haven't been sleeping that well and finally last night I got a good night's sleep.
5) And I saved the best for last...founding out that the cancer hasn't spread and that they found it early. We will find out "the game plan" on June 9.
6) Going to add one more this week: Knowing that no matter how crazy life can get that God is in control. I may not always understand the whys but I do know that He is always there by my side.
If you would like to join Friday's Fave Five then please to to Living to Tell the Story to join the fun. :)
What’s all the hubbub about Amish fiction? Major media outlets like Time and ABC Nightline are covering it, and authors like Cindy Woodsmall are making the New York Times bestseller list regularly. What makes these books so interesting?
Check out the recent ABC Nightline piece here about Cindy and her titles When the Heart Cries, When the Morning Comes, and When the Soul Mends. It’s an intriguing look at Amish culture and the time Cindy has spent with Amish friends.
And don’t forget that Cindy’s new book The Hope of Refuge hits store shelves August 11, and is available for preorder now.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Struggling with his new physical disability and severe depression, Quinn turns to whiskey, scorn, and a job as a night watchman to numb the pain. But when a pastor and dancer are found dead in an apparent murder-suicide, the pastor’s sister approaches Quinn for help.
Author Mark Mynheir gives readers his most profound police thriller to date with The Night Watchman (first book in The Night Watchman Private Detective Agency Series). Readers of all ages will devour this gripping murder mystery that bristles with tension and intrigue. In a taut cop-style all his own, Mynheir delivers an inside look at the thoughts, feelings, fears, and challenges police officers experience while investigating violent crimes and the lost souls who commit them.
A detective with the Criminal Investigations Unit of the Palm Bay Police Department, Mark Mynheir investigates violent crimes and writes riveting Christian fiction. A U.S. Marine with a passion for martial arts and firearms training, Mark has worked on narcotics units, SWAT teams, and myriad high-risk situations. His four novels offer a realistic glimpse into the gritty world of law enforcement and the rarely seen raw emotions behind the badge. Mark lives in
Angie here: I didn't read this one but my husband did and he really enjoyed it. He said he liked the characters and was happy to learn that this is going to be a series. He said he would give The Night Watchman four out of five stars. If you are interested in The Night Watchman then just click here for information on where you can buy it. Happy Reading!
I'm a little behind the times I know but I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We find Harry at Hogwarts for his second year and of course when you go to Hogwarts nothing is dull. This was an enjoyable read so I am giving it four out of five stars.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
It's Friday so it's time for Friday's Fave Five. :) If you would like to join then go to Living to tell the Story for more info. It's a lot of fun so I hope you will check it out. So here are my five favorite things from this week:
1) I am sooooooooo happy that Kris made it to the finals. :) I'm talking about America Idol in case you don't know. ;) Now I would have loved a Kris/Danny final but that wasn't to be..oh well. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week. Go Kris!!
2) Green Tea. I discovered green tea a few weeks back and I'm enjoying having a cup each morning especially since I'm not a big coffee drinker.
3) Once again going to the movies with hubby. We went and saw Star Trek and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm not a real big Star Trek fan..more of a Star Wars gal. ;) But it was a good movie and if you are a Star Trek fan than you will certainly enjoy it.
4) Fresh Flowers. I got my mom some flowers for Mother's Day and decided to pick me up a few Gerbina (sp?) Daisies...so pretty. I don't know what it is but having fresh flowers in the house just makes me smile every time I see them.
5) My husband for taking care of things that I can't...this week I was about to leave when I noticed my cats were messing with something in their area. My cats can go outside but we have a cat fence up so they can be outside but safe. Anyway, I go over to see what it is and it's a HUGE snake. Yikes!! To make a long story short: I got my cats away from it and called my hubby who came home and took care of it. My hero! ;)
Well, I hope all you Mother's had a lovely Mother's Day and I hope everyone has a great weekend. :)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
So I'm giving Farmer Boy four out of five books.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
It's Friday so it's time for Friday's Fave Five. :) If you would like to join then go to Living to tell the Story for more info. Here are my five for this week:
1) Going to the movies with hubby. This past weekend we went and saw that new X-men movie. While the movie was okay the company was great and so was the popcorn! ;)
2) LOLCats is a website that has pictures of cats and people write captions for them. If you have read any of my past Friday Faves then you know I love cats and this site makes me smile. They also have one for dogs if you are a dog lover.
3) Bar-b-que with family. Sunday my mom had us over for steaks to celebrate my brother's b-day. Always nice to get together with my family.
4) Bargains. I love to find bargains, but who doesn't and this week I found this book that I had been wanting in the clearance bin...got it for five bucks. :)
5) Seeing my husband with his new lawn mower is like watching a kid playing with his newest toy..you can't help but smile. Plus this means he has no excuses to keep the yard mowed. ;)